2023 - A year in review
Following the past 2022 post, here is the new post rounding up of what I experimented this year at work.
- I started with a new motion design for Banque Populaire, an explainer on their carbon footprint (and supposed improvments 🤭).
- Released a very short looping motion for Banque Populaire to be displayed in a stadium (ultra wide screens at ground level).
- I engaged into producing 3D animated shots intend to be exposed on my Dribbble account on a regular basis.
- Banque Populaire ordered me multiple animated shots showcasing supported Athletes for the upcoming Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
- I coded the Alliance Farine showcase website using Next + Wordpress as a headless CMS.
- I mostly worked on personal Dribble shots.
- I realeased an animated showreel for Pommeclic, exposing our key work of those last 2 years.
- On the personal side, I settled in Montpellier after 2 years as a nomadic.
- I designed and developed a whole new agency website for Pommeclic.
- I designed / animated / developed an animated game prototype leveraging the Tinder swipe gesture. I decided to make it open-source on dev.to after the client gave up with idea.
I worked on a revamped version of the "spot the difference" mini-game for Banque Populaire. I did both artwork and development.
Once again, the well advertised Hacktoberfest drove me in to open-source contribution. I participated on the small file-api project, with 2 validated PRs. This was the opportunity to experiment a bit with Docker and Bun runtime.
- I worked on the design of a whole new variant version of the last year "Blackout" game, called "Fin de chantier".
I delved into the development part of Fin de chantier. I decided to migrate the whole codebase from Svelte to Next, and heavily introduced Github Copilot in my workflow.
Another small motion for the Berrylaw's greeting card (law firm).
- Some more Next.js projects
- Get involved in a dev team, open to position change
- Still maintaining my design skills in some ways